Starting Things Off Right AKA Alcohol Recipes



I'm gonna be real honest here, I had no idea Kahlua was a thing you could make. I've legitimately thought that it was something that only came in a bottle, which I realize does not contribute kindly to the general stereotype of oblivious millennial, but in my own defense I've only been able to legally drink alcohol for four years. In the grand scheme of things, that's not very long. A little ignorance might be deemed acceptable. 

Below you'll find two recipes for alcoholic recipes taken from my Nanny's (Great Grandma's) recipe box. One for Kahlua and the other for what is simply labeled Punch but looks delicious, in my humble opinion. I'll definitely be making the Punch if I ever turn into the sort of person that attends events with enough people to drink that amount of alcoholic punch.

 Kahlua Recipe

 4 Cups Water
4 Cups Sugar
Heat and dissolve - add 4 tablespoons instant Yuban coffee (as it comes from the jar), stir well and cool. 
Add a 5th of Brandy
Makes 2 1/2 quarts

Punch

1/5 Bicardi Rum (dark)
3 large bottles of gingerale 
6 oz frozen limeade
6 oz frozen orange juice
46 oz can fruit punch

Mix fruit juices, then gingerale, then the rum

So there's my two recipes for today. These are from the huge stack I'm dubbing "Priority Recipes". They're ones that seem in the most danger of falling apart at any time, though they also contain ones that my Mom pulled out because she wants me to make them sooner rather than later. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventures In Sewing: Making My First Tote Bag!

Thrift Shop By Macklemore Plays Gently In The Background : A Thrift Haul + Thrift Shopping Tips

A Family History In Recipes