Mrs Truman's Ozark Pudding

Has it really been since November since I've worked on this? Oh god, it has. I've been slacking, but Christmas brings busyness, and the fist couple months of the year brings with it the anniversary of my Dad's passing which in the end seems to mean that I forget to do things I tell myself I'll do.

Well I say no more! This year will bring with it blogging darnit! And not just limited to my transcribing of these recipes, I'm also hoping to share my own recipes as well as bring people along on my journey into craftdom. So I'll probably be sharing a lot of poorly done things for awhile, but hopefully, with time those things with improve! Expect to see some shoddy sewing projects, crooked embroidery, and delicious recipes in this space soonish, but in the meantime, onto the recipe!




Mrs. Truman's Ozark Pudding.

When I pulled the recipe out of the box for the first time my Mom's first words were "I bet it's actually a recipe from Mrs Truman! You should look it up." And lo and behold, it actually is.

I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Ozark pudding before in my life, but it is, according to my google-fu, a dry fruit custard with nuts that people believe came from Missouri originally. It was also apparently Harry Truman's favorite food. Bess Truman's recipe was apparently pretty dang popular in the 50s and was also her contribution to the Congressional Club Cookbook.

Look, you even got a mini history lesson with this post!


Mrs Truman's Ozark Pudding 

1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 ts. salt
1 ts. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup chopped pared apples

Beat egg- add sugar gradually beating after each addition
Sift flour, b powder and salt
Blend with egg, sugar mixture.
Stir in vanillia
Add nuts and apple
mix well
pour into buttered 9 in shallow pie plate
bake 350 f for 20 to 25 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventures In Sewing: Making My First Tote Bag!

A Family History In Recipes

Thrift Shop By Macklemore Plays Gently In The Background : A Thrift Haul + Thrift Shopping Tips