November Birchbox Review



You ever have those things where when you get it you're not super stoked on it, more 'meh it's alright' than anything but after a few days you're actually really excited about it? Yeah, this month's Birchbox is that for me. When I checked my box page the first time I had a very meh reaction but looking over everything today and taking pictures of it for here I realized I'm pretty in love with it already. Though this is probably enough of my rambling, onto the good stuff!

It came in a different mailer than usual because of their partnership with (RED) this month. Seeing a different color in my mailbox is always a nice thing to see and I love that they're donating money to a good cause. 

As always there's a little info card that details what the month is about and what you've received, though this month they also through in a little mini booklet about things in their holiday shop. The little booklet is nothing too exciting, but it is a nice touch.
derma e® Evenly Radiant® Brightening Cleanser:
Somehow I got two of these which is fine by me as I love receiving face wash in boxes. I always have trouble picking out a good face wash, so getting it through something like this means I don't have to! I haven't used it on my face yet but it looks like a nice clear face wash and smells citrusy. According to the Birchbox site it's also free of parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, GMOs and dyes which makes me even happier putting it on my skin.
TONI&GUY Nourish Conditioner for Damaged Hair:
There was supposed to be a shampoo with this little guy but somehow it wasn't in my box when I got it. I did however email Birchbox about it and they got back to me surprisingly quickly letting me know they'd send one out in the mail. With how good they were about it and after having this sub for over a year and not needing to deal with customer service once during that time I'm not at all upset about it. 
This conditioner smells, well, like conditioner and since I'm waiting to try it until I get the matching shampoo I don't have much else to say about it. 

  Chuao Chocolatier ChocoPod in Maple Bacon:
 Chocolate!!!!!! Can you feel my excitement for this? I'm one of those weirdos that absolutely adores when birchbox sends something non-beauty related like a piece of candy or tea or a candle. This month it happened to be chocolate which is perfect since I've got a crazy sweet tooth lately. I haven't opened it yet, but I've received this brand of chocolate from birchbox before and loved it. Eventually my need for sugar will reach a breaking point and I'll reach for it and at that point I'll be extremely happy to have it. 

 Red Flower Illuminating Rose Collagen Renewal Face Serum: 
Well there's a mouthful of a product name. I know a lot of people aren't fond of foil samples but there's two and I'm not a huge serum user so this should give me enough uses to see if I like it. 
 theBalm® cosmetics Cindy-Lou Manizer:
This is one of the things I was most excited to get! I love almost everything I've tried from the Balm and their sample packaging is so cute that I wish I could have it for everything. The texture is creamy and the color is amazing though I see myself using this more on my eyes or as a blush topper than as a typical highlighter. 
Cindy-Lou Manizer swatched

 That's all for this review! I was really pleased with my box this month. If you don't already know, Birchbox is a monthly subscription that costs $10 a month and comes with 4-6 sample sized products. The products are usually a mix of some generous samples and some smaller ones though generally they're at least big enough to see whether you like it.

If you want to subscribe and want to use my referral you can by clicking here!

 Feel free to comment and thank you for reading!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventures In Sewing: Making My First Tote Bag!

Thrift Shop By Macklemore Plays Gently In The Background : A Thrift Haul + Thrift Shopping Tips

Super Fudgy Dairy Free Brownies