Shiro Cosmetics Review And Swatches

Awhile back I got an order in from Shiro Cosmetics, much to my excitement. I hadn't tried out many if any indie companies before then so I was a little bit cautious and only ordered some eyeshadow samples. Boy was I wrong in being cautious! The colors are gorgeous and when I order the next time, because oh will there be a next time, I'll definitely be trying some of their lip products and a full size or two of eyeshadow. 

There's a little bit of fall out like you'd find with any loose eyeshadow but nothing too terrible. I do my foundation after my eyes to keep from having to deal with that. They're also definitely best over a sticky base, but they perform fine when put over a regular primer. The sticky base is just how they really shine.

Now onto swatches! They're are swatched over NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk and I'd like to forewarn that my swatches aren't the best as I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do them. They're done indoors with a combination of natural lighting from open blinds and a light on.

 Enormous Green Rage Monster & That Man Is Playing Galaga

  Enormous Green Rage Monster is described as "Matte green with a purple shift." 

There's definitely a purple shift there and I tried to capture it properly on camera but couldn't quite do it. It's slightly more purple in person but this picture came out pretty close in my opinion!

That Man Is Playing Galaga is described as "Pure black with loads of fine rainbow glitter." I still cannot get over the glitter in this one!

 Lingered in Twilight & Maiden Queen

 Lingered in Twilight is described as "A twilit forest: blackened blue and green tones with slightly metallic shimmer." I couldn't seem to get a good picture of it individually but it's such a pretty color. To me it feels like it has sort of blackened edges with the forest green-blue shift. 

 Maiden Queen is described as "The brilliant emerald of Highgarden, with bright aqua shimmer and golden-rose sparks." My abysmal photography skills don't do this shade justice but this is probably my favorite of the whole lot. It's such a gorgeous color that I find myself wanting to swatch it just to see it on my skin. 

Are You Shear You Wanna Enchant That? & I'll Move That For You
Are You Shear You Wanna Enchant That is described as "Dark brown-plum with bright white and blue sparks."

I'll Move That For You is described as "Blackened amethyst with bright purple sparkle." I think I need to get some sort of glitter glue for this one. I just can't seem to get as much of the purple glitter to stick as I want!

Apparatus & Diamonds!

Apparatus is described as "Pale grey with spectral lavender shimmer." This makes me think of something a faerie would wear, which means I want to put it all over my eyes.

Diamonds! is described as "Sheer, super sparkly icy aqua-blue." and is another one of my favorites. It's my new favorite inner eye color!

 
Alkahestry & Chimera

Alkahestry is described as "Sheer-ish pale violet with a brilliant blue-sparkle base."

Chimera is described as "A complex and unique blend – looks coppery in the jar, then applies as tarnished gold and silver shimmer over a blackened background." 

Beyond The Fence & Cognitive Recalibration 

 Beyond The Fence is described as "Shimmery forest green with subtle brown-gold tones."

 Cognitive Recalibration is described as "Medium burgundy with a strong blue shift."

 Nymph & Bog Body

Nymph is described as "Matte brick red." To me this reads as more of a warm-red toned brown but it's gorgeous none the less!

 Bog Body is described as "Matte pastel mint." Again, my photography skills don't have this picture true to color. It's slightly more minty and less yellow toned than it shows as here and absolutely gorgeous to boot. 

And here's a couple looks I did with them. 
A combination of nearly all of them that I did as soon as they arrived in the mail. 

 Maiden Queen and then Mauve and Sable from my Lorac Pro Palette

All in all, Shiro's eyeshadows are something I definitely recommend. The nerd in me loves the geeky references in the names and the colors are all incredibly lovely. They're not too bad on the wallet either with samples starting at $1.00 and the full sized shadows going for $6.00. You can get them here

As always, thank you for reading and if you enjoyed this please comment and keep checking back for more to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventures In Sewing: Making My First Tote Bag!

Thrift Shop By Macklemore Plays Gently In The Background : A Thrift Haul + Thrift Shopping Tips

A Family History In Recipes